Thursday, June 24, 2021

2021 Indy car races at Road America

 I barely took pictures so this is more of a text post sorry/not/sorry. I have been going to Road America for years. It is one of my favorite race tracks. There is something to be said about the smell of the racing fuel, the quick pace of cars around the corners and the thrill of an almost crash. 

This weekend when we went the races I could not believe the crowds. I go here often throughout my life and outside of a Nascar weekend this is the busiest I have ever seen it. We started by parking at the bottom of corner 5 (yes this track has multiple corners!) and walked around. The weather was hotter than I expected as the weather guy was wrong about it raining yet again. It did not rain. It was cool to see all the sponsor stands and take a quick walk through pit lane. I am not a fan of groups of people still so we tended to stray from that as much as possible. We then decided to watch a little of the race ending and then we were on the hunt for food. We found the perfect spot to watch the Indy race in the last corner before the finish line with a food/drink stand, cover in case it rained and TV to watch when they were not in our corner. I mean the course is 4 plus miles so you need a screen to see it all. 

Fun note of interest I have really gotten into watching this docu-series on Netflex about formula 1 that follows the racers called Formula 1: Drive to Survive. I bring this up because one of the drivers I really liked is now racing for Indy so I got to see him (Romain Grosjean) finish 5th at the race. 

Here are some highlights: 

Here is the only picture of an actual car I took all day. I was taking pictures with my brain though all day. Super cool! 

It really turned out to be a lovely day for a race. Enjoyed some slushies and an awesome view. 

I love being back to doing the things I love. We also went to a concert Saturday night! Keep staying safe out there. 

Until next time~ Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment