Thursday, June 17, 2021

Paddling: We can do HARD things!

 I love being on the water. I have always loved it even as a child. As an adult I want to be out there even more as it helps with my mental health. It's often very relaxing to paddle around out on the water on a nice day. I don't really have good stamina with it though as my upper body is not the strongest. I bring this whole thing up because I just did something yesterday I am really proud of. Often I go with more experienced paddlers who I am sure annoyed with how slow and limited I make the paddle. 

So Sunday.... 

We went to a lake we have never been to before in Green Lake. Once we put in and started paddling around we noticed the lake was really busy with traffic and the water was pretty gross. We laughed because of course they named it Green Lake it is GREEN! I of course was unsure how long we would be out paddling. In the past I start to get fatigue and over heat really easily on the water. I made sure right away to keep my pacing at a pace I could do that was not with Ryan speed. He can really paddle fast. On top of the pacing I packed water and made sure to get my feet wet/arms wet throughout the paddle. We also stopped for about 20 minutes out of the 3 hour paddle to swim around a bit and cool off. I think for me too I get to a point where I could paddle for hours was really impressive for me and it reminded me that I can do hard things. 

You can do hard things. We can do hard things! 





Hope you lean into your challenges this week. Stay safe and healthy out there!

-Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment