Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Memorial Day Weekend 2021

 

What a jam packed 4 days off for me from work. I took Friday off to take my great aunt Shirley & mom to lunch. We also went to Wery's to stock up my house with flowers for the year. They have such good quality plants there. We had such a good time Friday. Being able to see my family and hug them thanks to being vaccinated is such a big thing for me. The hardest part of pandemic isolation was missing out on that for so long. See a full recap of the weekend below. 💓







Here are some Friday picture highlights. Notice my sweet mug from Spork where we went to lunch. 

Aunt Shirley's mug at Spork.

Quiche. The salad dressing was amazing.

I may have ate healthy for lunch but went Midwest basic for dinner. 

Planted all my plants!

They look great. 

Saturday I planted above pictured plants and then we spent the afternoon with my husbands family celebrating Rilynn's birthday. It was an afternoon filled with laughs and good food. So nice to see everyone after so long at a normal family event. That night we got to see friends around the glow of a camp fire. 

Sunday was busy! Filled with a short biking trip, helping friends move and grilling. Some photos from the day. 

Someone loves the sun. 

mmmm egg bake for breakfast.


Just passed out on her scratching post. Monday was her 14 year gotca day. Don't worry she was spoiled all day!

Some days my body will just nope out of exercise. In the past I would push myself harder and regret it. Went for a short ride in our local park and called it good. 

Bloody Mary type day before helping friends move.

Mexican street corn and burgers with beer onions/mushroom topping.

We walked to get ice cream. Turned into an hour and a half adventure by the stadium. So nice to get out. 



Monday was Memorial Day. I did a lot of reflection this year on those that gave so much for our country and watched a ton of documentaries on the topic. We spent this day with a delightful slow paddle down the Oconto river all the way to the bay. My mom picked us up and we had lunch with her and my dad. It was a really nice way to end a busy weekend. I actually did not take many pictures this trip because I wanted to just be in nature and enjoy it. 

My favorite snack I keep in the car for post workouts.

I want this beetle.

We really adore our new canoe. It is lightweight and works well for our life style.

We drove all over Oconto looking for a place that was open for lunch. Ended up with some tasty brisket tacos. So nice to be able to eat out again with family!


As we settle into some normal activities I am for once really excited for the summer. Even bought some Foo Fighters concert tickets yesterday. Something a couple of weeks ago I would not have done with how the pandemic was going. 

Stay safe out there!
Emily 



No comments:

Post a Comment