Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fresh Fruit Salad


Dinner tonight is to celebrate my mother in law's birthday that is this weekend. In celebration I will be sharing the side dishes I made in the next couple days here. This is a recipe my husband thought would be fantastic.  It is rather good I ate some (for scientific research of course) before putting it in the fridge last night.



Here is what you need:
3 apples-  I picked three different kinds to add different textures. Fuji, golden delicious and  red delicious. 
3 pears
2 limes
2 peaches- They are out of season right now so I used 2 cans of peaches. 
1/4 cup mint
1/4 cup honey 




Then you can chop up the peaches. This is what one can looks like in my bowl.





At this point you want to add some lime juice 1/2 a lime to the pear/peach mix to stop everything from browning while you work on the rest of the salad.





 This is what it will look like after you add all the pears, apples and peaches. Some thoughts on the apples. I like to cut mine in half, peel them to remove the skin and then chop them up omitting the core as I go.


Now you want to add the rest of the lime juice. You should have 1.5 limes left to go!

Time to add the sweet stuff. Add your 1/4 cup honey. Is my honey bear not the cutest thing ever? Once you add make sure you give the salad a good mix. This would be a good time to add any seasonings you want. I add a dash of salt to mine to bring out the flavors.














Time to chop up that 1/4 cup of mint. You can add or take away as you see fit. I am a mint lover so I tend to add a lot to my salads. This really ramps up the freshness of the salad and pulls it all together. You can really add mint to any fruit salad. In the summer I love the way it pairs with watermelon.



Then you want to mix and make sure that the mint is evenly distributed throughout the salad. 








Here is the finished product. Looks fantastic and ready to be shared by the family tonight.














I hope you can make this salad soon and take advantage of all those fall apples and pears that are in season right now. Remember fruit salad is so versatile you can omit or add all kinds of fruit.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment