Thursday, October 22, 2015

Today Is A Gift

My husband is a rather positive individual and always knows how to make me smile. He shared some rather beautiful poetry with me today that I would love to share some with all of you. 

This is one of my favorite quotes of all time from the movie Kung Fu Panda-

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

Ryan (my hubby) was curious about the origin of this quote and found this insightful information-
 
In the 1902 book, "Sun Dials and Roses of Yesterday: Garden Delights..." by Alice Morse Earle, it is noted that the words "Time Waits for No Man" is a play on words or punning device of "gnomon" that has been used on sun dials. A gnomon is a pointer on a sun dial. Somewhere along the way came the full quote which has been truncated by some to your version. 




The full quote often reads: "The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." 

I find this sentiment to be beautiful. Things are going to happen in life and we cannot control we have to let it go. We have to "let it be" as my tattoo and the Beatles say. Let us take every day and cherish it as a gift and something to be relished with zeal.


 To bring some laughter to your day here is some of the loves of my life being sassy.






Luna is the husky that was digging in this picture and Stella is the Norwegian forest cat in the other picture sitting on a box. 






  
I hope you are able to do something loving for others today and try to enjoy some part of your day. Even if it is like me watching the sunset on the way to work. It was  fantastic and I would have taken a picture to share with you but I was driving. 

Until next time~

XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment