Thursday, April 28, 2016

Puppy Chow

I love making treats for work and my team. I made these last week and they were a huge hit for our team meeting. I did not realize how easy it is to make puppy chow (mud buddies). Here is the recipe and some really blurry pictures.

What you need~
9 cups of chex cereal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar




In a large bowl measure out your cereal.
















In a 1 quart bowl (microwavable) microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered for 1 minute. Stir your mixture. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smoothly.













 Mix in the vanilla.














Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Put cereal into a large grocery store bag.

















 Looks yummy. Add the powdered sugar to the bag and shake until well coated.












Looks so good. Pour out onto wax paper to dry.

I was tempted to eat it all instead of bringing to work but I behaved. I hope you enjoy this classic treat.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment