Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Quinoa Salad

Sometimes you need filling salad for lunches all week. This salad packed full of healthy veggies will be what you need to full you all week. I just whipped this together Sunday and thought I needed to share because it is  tasty. Warm or cold you can eat it.

What you need~
1 cup of sliced kalamata olives
1 cup chopped cucumber
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sweet peppers
1 cup green peppers
1 cup chopped mozzarella
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup quinoa

Using the food processor or blender you want to blend up the cauliflower. Once
completed put in a pan with 1/2 cup water to cook on medium heat. While this is going on cook your quinoa according to directions in a stock pot (usually cook for 10-15 minutes with 2 cups of water for each cup of quinoa). Season the cauliflower "rice" as it cooks. I used cumin liberally.










Chop up all your veggies and the cheese and put into a bowl.











I try my best to make my own dressings when I can. I used .5 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of tahini, and to taste the rest in the picture.

Pictured (left to right):
Olive oil
Curry powder
Sriracha (hot sauce)
Sesame oil
Tahini
Soy sauce
Garam masala
Everglades seasoning

If you do not want to make your own dressing the salad dressing aisle has some great options.Make sure you whisk your dressing so you have  no clumps.






Adding the cumin cauliflower rice.

Mix it really well and add your dressing.

NOM NOM NOM.

It is really refreshing and tasty. I will be making this again. I tried it warm and cold and like it both ways.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment