Thursday, July 21, 2016

Crispy Green Beans

I love this time of year. Not only can you go to a farmers market and get fresh produce but I can get some from my mom's giant garden. Fresh green beans do not really need much done to them to make them out of this world good. This is a simply recipe that I always turn to when I get a batch of beans from my mom. Easy and oh so tasty.

What you need~
1 pound of green beans
1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
Seasoning of your choice (I used Mrs. Dash and Everglandes Seasoning)




Cut both ends off of all of the beans. This is important to get rid of the stem and
the strange base of the beans. You maybe tempted to skip this step. Just do not do that.













Put them in a colander and wash them. Pat dry with some paper towel or let air dry for about 15 minutes.
















Heat up your oil in the pan. I like the non-stick pan because then the beans come out easier and are less likely to burn. In a cast iron they tend to get overcooked faster.

Put the beans in the pan to cook. I cook them on medium/high heat. Toss them around as they cook. Usually takes about 5-8 minutes.

Looking good getting all crispy and warm. Make sure you season and taste as you go.
















I mean yes it is a simple thing. That is what makes it so good. When you get good quality ingredients you do not need to do a ton to them to make them amazing. Shout out to my mom for always growing an large garden. She has a killer meatloaf recipe too.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily 



No comments:

Post a Comment