Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Travel Adventures: Summerfest 2016

This past weekend we made our annual trip to Summerfest in Milwaukee WI. We love going because for the price you cannot beat the amount of music you can consume in one day. Past years we have seen The Foo Fighters, Maroon Five, Fits and the Tantrums, Ed Sheeran etc. etc.

This year we specifically stopped by to see Hank & Cupcakes again. We caught their set last year and loved their upbeat music so much we knew we had to stop in to see them play. Hank plays guitar and Cupcakes plays drums. Cupcakes also sings most of the music. I would recommend you check them out as they are super fun. The set was so colorful!
Such a bright and fun set!
Another reason I look forward to Summerfest is the food. The food here is not super fancy like Electric Forest but you can still find some unique eats if you search around.

The first thing we got to share was curry fries. It was steak fries served with a mild green curry over the top. I of course love curry and I was a fan of these. I only wish they had more spice or kick to them. As Ryan reminded me they have to appeal to a wide audience for selling so they cannot make it super spicy.






I of course had to have Reuben rolls. I tried these for the first time last year and fell in love. Made just like an egg roll they have Reuben ingredients in them served with a thousand island dipping sauce. Not crazy greasy they are the perfect side to really anything.

















We had to try it. Everyone on Facebook and in WI was taking about this dessert. We roamed around and found the mystery dessert and ordered one to try. This is a deep fried old fashion. It reminded me of a pineapple upside down cake with bitters. Served with a cherry whip cream topping. It was really big I was surprised by that but I found it to be tasty and innovative.






This was a fun trip this year and I hope next year they have more good acts so I have an excuse to come back.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment