Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Banana/Peanut Butter Shake


I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I cannot wait to feel it's warmth on my face. I have been ill. Death rattle cold took over my lungs for about a week now. I really wanted to go back to Zumba today but I need a couple more days of slow recovery. As Ryan always tells me you need to walk before you run. Hello dog walking today and tomorrow.

How have I been dealing with the illness you wonder? By making some of my favorite things that are packed with flavor. This recipe for banana/peanut butter shake has been a staple of mine for years when I do not want to eat but need something to fill me up.

What you need~
1 banana
3 ice cubes
2 scoops of PB2 powder OR 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup of yogurt (optional)
8-16 ounces of almond milk (depends on the size of the drink you want)


Put this all in a blender and blend till you get the shake to the thickness you like. Pour into a glass and enjoy. I make this shake before Zumba a lot as it is a perfect little energy snake.







HINT: If you banana's are close to being really ripe throw them in the freezer with the peel on. When ready to make your shake microwave for about 30 seconds and throw in the blender. Banana's this way are perfect for banana bread too.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment