Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Stuffed Chicken Breast


Ryan told me that I need to make more creative recipes. Last night I threw this together before Zumba class.  It turned out really good and I will have to make it again in the future. I liked the fact that it was not as hard as I thought it would be to flatten and stuff the chicken.

What you need~
2 chicken breast
1/4 cup pesto
Handful of spinach
1 cup of mushrooms
2 cups of cauliflower rice (or prepared normal rice)
1 can of sauce (I used a butternut squash sauce that I found at Aldi)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
Mrs. Dash to taste
Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Toothpicks

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.






Get a piece of parchment paper. Big enough to fold over the chicken breast. Using a rolling pin flatten the chicken breast between the parchment paper. Try not to scare your cat to death. You want the breast to be flattened to about 1 inch thick.





Spread your pesto on the chicken and top with spinach and small amount of the mozzarella cheese. Slowly roll the chicken breast up and use the toothpicks to secure. Place in a baking dish. coat the outside of the chicken with any remaining pesto and season with Mrs. Dash. Put rice and mushrooms in the dish around chicken. Cover with sauce.


Place in the oven for at least an hour. We did 45 minutes and the chicken needed more time and back in the oven it went. Serve with a little dusting of parmesan cheese.


On the fly meals are something I need to do more off. This one turned out really good. We liked it so much there were no leftovers.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment