Monday, November 28, 2016

Grandma Emer's Pumpkin Pie


Tis finally the holiday season. Of all the things that scream Thanksgiving pumpkin pie shouts the loudest. This is my Grandmother's recipe that my mom wrote down for me to make this year. It is so simple to make and the flavor is really great. To be honest I did not even manage to steal a piece this year but my dad told me this was tasty.

What you need~
1 pie crust (make your own or store bought is fine)
2 eggs
1 can of pumpkin puree
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice
1 2/3 cup evaporated milk ( a can is about this)



Directions in case it is hard to read the picture.
Mix 2 eggs, can of pumpkin, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin spice, evaporated milk in a stand mixer or use a hand held mixer. Pour into 9 inch crust that you have put in a pie pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes and then at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.


TIP: You may need to cover the edges with foil if they start to burn.

                                                      Covered edges to stop any burning.

Yum. Serve with whip cream or pie.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment