Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Baking Bacon

BACON!
I mean everyone loves it and if you use it in a cooking competition I would have to call you a cheater. I learned this a couple years ago and it is the only way I cook bacon now because I can cook an entire pound at once with little chance of burning myself.

What you need~
1 pound of bacon
Aluminum foil
Sheet pan

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Using the aluminum foil cover the sheet pan completely. Arrange your bacon on the sheet. It is okay if you have to overlap some of the pieces they will shrink down while baking. Bake until done to your likeness. I like mine extra crispy so usually 10-15 minutes or a little longer. I have tried cooking the bacon on a rack in the oven and if it does not cook in it's own fat it gets dried out. Remove from oven and place bacon on a plate covered with paper towel to remove some of the grease. I would let your sheet pan sit for a bit to let the oil cool before throwing out the aluminum foil.


Crispy

Have to have a BLT!

Let this dry up and cool before throwing out. 
 I hope you try this out especially if you are trying to cook for a large family or friends. It makes cooking the bacon and clean up easy.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment