Thursday, January 26, 2017

Healthy Hamburger Helper


GASP. It is possible. When I first actually made this I had no intention of making hamburger helper at all honestly. When Ryan ate it though he said that is exactly what it tasted like to him. You know what I am referencing that childhood classic that came in a box. All you had to add was milk and meat?
Anyway this turned out great and was like 1,000 times more healthy.

What you need~
1 spaghetti squash
1 pound of pork sausage
Half a head of purple cabbage (diced)
Natures seasoning
Olive oil
Worchester sauce

I started by cutting the squash in half which was slightly hard to do. I need a bigger knife! Then I removed all the seeds. Put some olive oil on the halves and seasoned it with Natures Seasoning. Place on a baking sheet. I baked it for about 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. While this was happening I had two pans warming up on the stove. The sausage was browned in one and seasoned with Natures Seasoning and Worchester. The cabbage was cooked in the other with a small amount of water and Worchester. I then removed the squash and removed it from the skin carefully with tongs and a fork. I added the squash and cooked down cabbage to the sausage pan. Mix it all really well and serve. It was tasty and I will be making it again really soon. Next time I think I will make two squash too. The more squash the better.




Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment