Friday, February 10, 2017

Cauliflower Sauce

 I like to call this fake alfredo sauce. Ryan thinks it turned out more like a hummus. Either way it is delicious. Some of my co-workers begged for me to post this after they tasted it yesterday. It is so easy to make and can be literally served on anything from cabbage to noodles. I will admit it is not the most pretty looking sauce but trust me it packs the flavor.

What you will need~
Head of cauliflower cleaned and chopped up
1 tablespoon of garlic
Chicken broth
Milk or heavy cream
Parmesan cheese
Worchester sauce
Garlic salt
Nature's seasoning
Garlic powder
Olive oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.  Chop up the cauliflower and coat with olive oil. Lightly season with garlic salt. Place in oven for about 15-20 minutes till the cauliflower is fully roasted. Remove from oven and place in a blender. Let cool for at least 2-5 minutes so you do not burn yourself. Start to pulse the cauliflower while slowly adding chicken broth till you get the consistency you want in the sauce.  Add all of the above items slowly to the sauce until it is well blended. I do not have measurements because you want to do it slowly and to your personal liking. Serve over veggies or pasta.




It went really well with my chicken cordon bleu. I will be making this again for sure as it tastes amazing and is less calorie dense than alfredo.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment