Thursday, February 23, 2017

Zuppa Toscana Soup

This is just like Olive Garden's. I hunted for a copy cat recipe because frankly paying $9 for soup, salad and bread sticks is insane. Heck it is Thursday and I still have left over soup that we have had for lunch every day this week. Save yourself some money and make it at home. It is creamy and packed with potatoes. Totally something to warm your bones when the temperatures drop this week.

What you need~
1 pound of sausage (I used chorizo)
6 cups of kale (chopped)
3 large russet potatoes (diced)
1 cup of heavy cream
8 cups of chicken stock
4 cups of water
3 cloves of garlic (diced)
1 white or yellow onion (diced)
1 tablespoon of flour
Nature's Seasoning

Start by prepping all the items that need to be diced. I use a food processor for
my onions and garlic. The potatoes need to be cleaned before dicing. Start browning the sausage in a large stock pot. Season as you go. Add in your onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes. Mix in your flour and then add your stock and water. Add potatoes and cook until the potatoes are tender (~20 minutes).

Flour to thicken the soup.


 Once the potatoes are done add in the kale and heavy cream. Season a bit more and let the it cook for at least another 5 minutes before serving.
 
Add that kale!


Mmmm creamy.

Finished!

My cheaper version of a classic.
 

I served it with a side salad like Olive Garden and bread sticks. It was super tasty and honestly really easy to throw together. I will make it again.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment