Thursday, February 2, 2017

Beer Onions

Beer+Onion=Heaven in your mouth. If this was a math class I would fail but on a taste test I would win. I learned this little trick from my boss John. Shout out!

In some of the pictures you will see you can add other veggies to the mix as well such as mushrooms. This makes the best onions and honestly I cannot eat normal sautéed ones anymore.







What you need~
1 onion (white or yellow) cut loosely up
1 can of beer (I use the stuff I don't really want to drink that is leftover in the fridge)
1 tablespoon of butter
Worchester to taste
Mrs. Dash to taste



Get a pan up to medium heat. Add your loosely chopped up onion to the pan. Let this sweat in the pan for about two minutes then add a little beer to cover the onions. Add your Worchester Sauce and seasoning as you go. Keep repeating this process slowly adding the beer for about 45 minutes. Towards the end you should have used all your beer and you want the beer to cook off completely. Add your butter before serving.














Perfect on a burger or served with a steak. I like to make this at least once every couple weeks. They make something so simple extra special. If you double the recipe you could make leftovers for other meals too.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily















No comments:

Post a Comment