Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Positive State of Mind

How wonderful that we are all alive and kicking still. Lately my life has been a whirlwind of stressful situations. From my dad being hospitalized for complications from chemotherapy and my dog partially tearing her ACL on Monday. I could choice to become a mess and woe is me all day long. Where would that really get me though? I have a good life and these things will pass.  So, let's all promise to ourselves to stay positive. We only live for a sort time as the Beatles say "let it be."

Things you can do daily to stay positive.

The cake I baked!
1. Focus on all the good things that are happening around you.
Example: getting to celebrate a friends birthday this weekend and baking him a cake. I love to bake.

The best Meade I have ever had.






2. Enjoy the little things every single day.
Example: Making myself a large thermos of lemon/ginger tea. Eating an entire plate of Brussels sprouts with dinner. Being able to still cuddle my dog.

3. Start your day with positive intentions.
Example: It is only Wednesday but that is okay we have the rest of the week to finish this week strong at work and in my personal life.

4. Surround yourself with positive people.
Example: Do you have that co-worker that complains non-stop when you are around. Maybe it is time to limit your interaction time with them. Instead network a little and talk to others at work that are more upbeat in their interactions.

Rocking your favorite clothes will put you in good spirits.
5. Treat yourself.
Example: I am not talking eat an entire cake here but having a little piece of dove chocolate or a cup of apple cider are great ways to treat yourself. I like to also take baths to unwind or paint my nails.


Remember your time on this earth is really limited. Try to enjoy every second that you can.









Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment