Monday, August 20, 2018

Grandpa Jupe's 90th Birthday Weekend!

Wow. This one was for the memory book. I mean we had so many good hardy laughs and made a ton of really great memories with friends and family this long weekend. Here is a recap of all of the amazing things that happened starting Thursday night.

Thursday:

It was Katelyn's birthday so we went to her happy place for a Packer game.

The field.

Cherry Wheat.

Friday:

Time to make booyah. My two aunts (aunt Sharon and Terry) as well as my cousin Amy with her little baby Tommy came over and helped with the veggies, chicken and beef shanks this day. We laughed and coo'd over baby Tommy all day. It was really nice to be able to spend time with family and learn all the little steps to make booyah from my mom and dad. I almost forgot to mention that little Sawyer came to visit in the morning and helped me put water in the booyah kettle even though he sprayed himself in the face with water.



Pictured above little Sawyer helping me with the fire pile and Grandpa Jupe reading a card from my team for his birthday a little early.

Saturday:


O.M.G. I mean I busted my butt from 8am-11pm for this party but it was worth every moment. We finished up the booyah and setting up the party. At like noon my cousin from Seattle Dave surprised us all showing up for the party. I cried of course. We were all so happy to be together. I sometimes have ruff days but being to have so many of my family in friends in one place was really lovely and I do not always have words to describe how awesome that feeling is. Pictures of course show my happiness so here take a look!

Grandpa with all the grand kids and GREAT grandkids.


Tucker (my nephew) and I.

The birthday boy. I cried... again.



My dad hates Corona so we played a prank on him and drank it all day.

Sunday:

We went out on the boat with friends to long tail. It was a beautiful day full of food, drinks and laughs. What a great way to end a perfect weekend.




I had to add this because Luna is so cute in the car on the way to her grandmas for the day!

Overall I wish I could talk about the details of how happy this weekend made me. I could go on for hours.  I know my Grandpa had a great party and it was really great to spend time with my family and friends.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment