Thursday, August 2, 2018

Travel Adventures: Leadership Conference 2018 Atlanta GA






Inspiring. I mean I am exhausted but at the same time it was worth it. I felt like this was so rewarding to be asked to attend this conference. This conference ran from Monday July 30th through Wednesday August 1st. The agenda was jammed packed and my head is swimming with knowledge and inspiration. I wanted to quickly put down some of the highlights of the conference before things get hazy. Of course I took a lot of pictures and they can help sort out some of the exciting things that happened.

 

 

 

 

Day 1:

We not only got to hear from our CEO (UHG) David Wichmann we also were lucky enough to listen to speakers Steve Nelsom CEO (UHC) and Molly Joseph CEO (UHC Global). I know for you these are just names to you all but to me this was really rewarding and a call to action in my work and personal life. We did a fun social responsibility event stuffing bags for kids full of goodies. At night I got to eat with my direct team and meet all my team mates from FL and MN. I feel so much closer with my peers after this conference.

Favorite quote of the day comes from David Wichmann "Your deeds speak so much louder than another's words." From a fortune cookie he keeps taped to his computer.

Social event. These little dogs are so cute.

John and I before stuffing the goodie bags.

Our hotel was attached to the CNN headquarters. Creepy fish!

The view in my hotel room.

Pre-dinner mixer. What a view!

Gregg Stallwood (My boss's... boss's.. boss..) I loved meeting him and interacting with him as well as senior leadership. 

We went on the giant Ferris wheel at like 11 at night!

The brave souls that went on the Ferris Wheel.

 

 Day 2:

If you do not know who Cy Wakeman is check out her book "Reality- Based Leadership." I mean I learned so much from her lecture. I mean who does not want to ditch the drama in their life.

Favorite quote of the day is from Cy of course. But I had more than one from her!
"Your circumstances are not the reason you cannot succeed; they are the reality in which you must succeed."
"Stop judging and start helping."
"Your ego is not your amigo."
MY ultimate favorite: "What would great look like?"

This day was packed with updates on our company and then we did some inclusion practicing making sure everyone is at the table in our meetings. We also did a big brainstorming session where I spoke in front of all 804 people about "recognizing my agents for embracing the grey." Have you ever talked in front of 800 people? Ever? Yea me either and it did not hit me that I was doing that till I sat down. I was told after I did really well but I think I blacked out through most of it. Ha!
After all that craziness and learning we did breakout sessions with our teams and I pretended I was stuck in a plane crash with my team for a team building exercise. We did well!

Dinner and awards followed. It was uplifting and I got to do a ton of networking. What a day.

All the ladies from my team that made it to the conference. (myself, Tanya (my boss), Lori and Terri) Not pictured Deb she was holding down the teams back home.

It is always raining the entire time.

All of the leadership under my branch of the company. Dawn my Director and my boss's boss is pictured in the cute skirt.

I don't know this person but I had to have my picture taken with her and her sweet hat.

We wanted a picture with Dawn!

This is great. Tanya, Steve, Emily and I.

Terri and I at dinner.

All of the guys from my FL and MN offices. Tanya, Dave, Rick and Keith.

Me and the HSA boys. Keith, Rick and Dave!

Tanya and her team. All my peers from left (John, Dave, Terri, Rick, Lori, Keith, myself and Tanya) Not pictured Deb.

Day 3

We did some emotional wisdom training, coaching wisdom training and cool panel discussions this morning. Then we did a call to action. Here is my elevator speech as well as my "I will" statement.


The E&I leadership conference was inspiring!

I learned about leaning into the momentum and what great looks like. I met Gregg Stallwood (Dawn’s new boss) and my HSA team supervisors. I came away inspired to take ACTION!



I am truly lucky to work for a fortune 5 company and get to do work that makes a difference each and every day to peoples lives. I would not work here for 8 years if I did not believe in what I do. I also have amazing peers. What a great trip.

Can I have a nap now?

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment