Monday, August 13, 2018

Travel Adventures: Zac Brown Band & The Avett Brothers

I am music drunk. I am serious I literally experienced the most magical weekend with two of the best concerts of my entire life. I mean I am not lying here I go to a lot of concerts in my life. I think I average at least 2 a month and these two are at the top but for like totally different reasons. Here are the deets.
 
 

Saturday (Alphine Valley)

Zac Brown Band

Arriving here after checking into the hotel I was paranoid after reading really negative reviews about this venue. I was told the parking was a nightmare, no bathrooms etc. etc. I had barely any issues at all getting in. Traffic was average coming in and parking was easy. This location is in a little bowl type set up. The hill is STEEP. I am not lying when I say I saw grown men falling down the hill (they may have been drunk). Ladies do not wear heels and be prepared to dance on a hill all night. The drinks are expensive it was $15 for my Lennies and $17 for Ryan's drink. We got some kettle corn to share and settled in for the show.
 
There were really some magical moments in this show. Zac and the band can mix their harmonies in the most delightful and rich way. The sound here is really perfect it echos through the hill side like a lullaby. The pacing of the show was really on point with dance songs that you love mixed with love and serious songs. We saw some lighting bugs flying around us and the stars were out. The temperature was really great and I was able to dance shoe less on my blanket all night. PURE magic.


This thing was huge and cost like $15. Vacation right?

Hello. Gorgeous weather.

I mean I read a ton of reviews but this place is special.

Patiently waiting.

Dinner.

Magic.

Almost go time.

YEY! Look it's Zac and crew.

Riverside Theatre

The Avett Brothers

As mentioned before I feel music drunk and have been laughing about all the great memories we made this weekend. The day started out at the beach (Bradford beach) which was a really nice beach. Parking was free and the sand nice. I did burn the bottoms of the feet and the bathrooms left something to be desired. They have volley ball, soccer and tiki bars though. I had the best burger at the little custard stand here. We then headed over to the third ward for the afternoon. Public market has my favorite hummus place and we even found a little brewery hidden amongst all big name places. Then it was time to find parking for the show. Stopped into the Swingin Door Exchange for a old fashion, air conditioning and a tuna appetizer. We then went to Safehouse. OMG how fun is this place? We did not know the password after entering the little alley location. So we had to do the chicken dance to get into this amazing place. Had some great fried green beans and cheese curds while Ryan's chair went up and down on him. This place is so cool and the little magic tricks are really entertaining. Also watching others on the TV that did not know the password was fun. Some people had to dance. We then went across the river to Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery for some guacamole before heading to the venue. NOW to the music!

The Avett Brothers did not have an opener. They play with the light in the venue throughout their set. Never really allowing you to focus in on them in stark light. Soft lightening and spot lights are used specially to focus on the music not them as artist. Their voices are like... I am trying to explain this in a clear way that makes sense but I cannot describe it. I will mention their melodies and harmonies are some of the best I have ever heard. When they turn up the energy you will clap A LOT. You will jump A LOT. The entire venue gets swept up in their energy and you are smiling so big you feel completely drained at the end of the concert. I had older people right next to me and I thought they would pass out from the endurance required to get through this concert. I just loved everything about it.

Guac.


Yes! These were better than the ones at the state fair.

I mean fried green beans with an Asian sauce.

This place was so cool.

hi! Ryan's chair moved up and down on him. Fun trick.

Hello tuna.

I mean an old fashion is a must.

We found a little tiny brewery in the third ward. Great beer.

Yum!



Spinach and artichoke hummus!

The beach we went to had the most tasty burgers.

Beach day!

 I hope you made it through my wall of text. I had to mostly get my thoughts down about this weekend more for myself than for anyone else. It was one for the record and memory books. If you want to see any video from these performances head over to my Instagram page. I have started a highlight page for concerts that you can see video from. I don't take a ton of pictures or videos at concerts but I did manage 1 at each this time. I hope you get out there and experience some music. Heck I don't even really like country that music and Zac is slowly converting me over.

Have a wonderful week.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment