Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Travel Adventures: Spain Days 3&4

Everyone keeps asking how this trip was and the words magic, outstanding and fantastic still stick in the back of my mind. Here is a review of days 3 & 4. We ate so much good food on these days, saw a ton of amazing art and walked like 10 miles average each day.


Day 3


photos are in order after the top two shown here.

Tapas tended to be chips and olives. Which I loved of course. I mean white wine and chips? YUM.

This is actually a picture from Day 2 I forgot to add. BUT I loved it so here it is. 



The cutest cafe. People watching in Madrid was awesome. Mostly because of the puppies. People do not bring their kids out in public but they do all bring their dogs! 

Chai tea, a delightful chocolate muffin, coffee  and OJ. YUM!

Torta and a tasty ham sandwich. 

Man I love food. 

The streets were breathtakingly beautiful at times. You would go around a corner and see this. Plus a handsome husband is never a bad thing in a photo. 


At this cafe they asked if Ryan wanted a jam with his food. He did and we taught the waiter how to say peach in English. The Spanish people were so understanding with us not being about to communicate with us well. Many laughs. 

There is 3 museums we went to while in Spain. This one only had paintings but had a lot of really interesting things in it.  Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía 

We enjoyed the central garden at the museum.


Sometimes I could get a diet coke. Called coca cola light. 

Yum! Empanada!


The view from the top of the museum. The things I do for love. I am super afraid of heights and I was sweating from fear the entire time. 

You know just some animals with unicorn horns on the roof of the museum. 

The perfect view. 

DO I looked scared? 

A really nice french couple that spoke zero Spanish nor English was really kind and took this photo of us. 


I literally ate my weight in ham and bread on this trip. 

Okay we had to try it. Everything I researched said you had to try this bar food the Spanish love. Fried Calamari sandwich with a beer. 

Here we go! It was okay. I wish I was a local and got lemon with it to squeeze on top. 

Okay. This place. Heaven. I asked Ryan what his favorite place was that we ate at and he always mentioned this place. YES... A Mexican taco place in Spain. 

Always a line. 

This is tamarind juice. We could not say that in Spanish so we called it brown juice. They found this funny. It was tasty. 

We debated in line what kind of tacos to get because this place is famous!
We got cactus and pork. IT was amazing. 

A lot of the places we went to where really reasonable in price. 

My co-worker Aaron told me to go here. Great place! I think if it like their version of Dennys.. Vino Tinto ( red house wine) 

Free tapa here was Spanish olives. Yum!

I just cannot take a normal picture. 


It was hot so we pulled up to a window seat and people watched. 

I cannot remember the name of these but they reminded me of cheese curds. Yum!

Vino tinto!

Here we go. This people was the real deal. I have a video on my Instagram you can watch on the chocolate. Churros and chocolate (hot chocolate) are a staple of Spanish treats. I was to explain that the hot chocolate is really rich and not really for drinking. More for dunking the delicious churros in. Chocolatería San Ginés!


We opted for the large size you can also get a smaller stick shape. I liked the big size because it sucks up the chocolate. 

Day 4

These actually did load in order.
We went to the Sunday market. I bought a cute scarf. It was cool to see all the tourist and locals mixing in the shopping. It was a bit busy by the time we got there. It is one of the biggest street markets each Sunday in all of Europe. I was more interested in the little shops off to the sides of the market with really old stuff. 

Busy streets. 

BIRDS. 

All the coffee for Ryan. 

Papas Bravas (fried potato wedges with curry sauce) 

Carb loading? The little stick shaped things had ham and cheese in them. Bread (Pan) is literally served with everything. 


The next couple pictures are just some street pictures I took. This is a beach in the middle of the city. 






Almudena Cathedral




We were waiting in line to get into the Spanish Palace. This guy played such awesome music. 


Hello. I have now offically been to England, France, Italy and Spains royal palaces. This one was preserved the best, had the best audio tour with a tablet and is still in use. I highly recommend coming here just to see the armory alone. 



We paid extra to get a tour of the royal kitchen it was really cool!


Hi!

I know I am a dork. 

This place is like a dream.


Of course they built a palace here look at their views!




You cannot take a ton of pictures in the actual palace. The next couple ones I was able to do before no cameras allowed. 



They have a really nice park out the back of the palace. 



I mean we had to have a ham and bread snack after viewing the palace. 


They have hidden paths in their garden. 

Street dancers. 

Wine with dinner. 

Always bread. 

Tuna. O.M.G.

This was literally amazing and not what I expected. This is Octopus with potato foam. Sounds fancy right? Tasted like bacon and grits. Which I loved about it and I would have licked the plate clean. 

I want to do this to my fire place. 

This place rocked!

We found another market! The bartender at this market was really helpful and tried to teach Ryan how to say the name of this beer. 

The wine here is so good. No salfates so you do not have a crazy hangover at all. 

Cheers!

View of the market!


This kinder gelato from the market was amazing. 

We wanted to see if their Mc Donalds was better. It was sooo much better. The burger was less sweet. Really good. 

Day 3 and 4 was a lot of walking but totally worth it for the food and culture. Stay tuned for day 5 & 6 next.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment