Friday, October 26, 2018

Travel Adventures: Spain Days 5&6

The journey continued as they would say.... I mean I am sure you are getting Spain fatigued by now but I want to share all my great memories so hang in there. These posts are full of food and some amazing views enjoy!



Day 5

Your eyes are not wrong that is a wall of Nutella.

This is Mimi's crepes and you can watch them make your food.

My drink looks like a giant marshmallow.


Ryan's crepe looks like art.

Mine tasted like pizza with fresh tomato and cheese in it.

The sun is peeking out.

The Prado museum. This museum started as a private collection for the royal Spanish family. It has a lot of religious art in it and some really cool Spanish royal portraits.

Goya is a famous painter and a lot of his art is in the Prado. I hated a lot of it. It was creepy.

Hi.

I just love diet coke.

Flan and a fancy roll.


This place had the BEST  macaroons.

Crisp cold beer.

Miso Ramen.


Spicy miso ramen.

Crispy pot stickers.

Street art was everywhere. Luna!

Wine.

We may have spent some time in this market again from earlier in the week. Super cool.

Locals and tourist come to this market for the wine, cheese and tapas.

View from our table.

yum!

We walked by the Palace at night. Pretty.

Plaza de Espana.

A fountain with no water.

 Day 6


I bought the cutest shoes at this classic shoe store. All handmade.

My shoes on the counter.

Chai.

Turkey sandwich.

The Palace again. Hard to not walk by it a lot.



A really cool view of the train station.


ZARA! I have always wanted to shop here.

Yes they have Starbucks here. This pineapple tea was awesome.

I saw this at a store... In madrid...  Funny right?



A new scarf.

On our way to the park.

Gelato. Dulce de leche.



There were a lot of cats in the Parque Del Retiro.

Fun story time. I saw these parrots and thought there is no way these are native. I was right! The news was talking about how these are Quaker parrots and they are super invasive.  I saw a lot of them which makes me a little sad for the wildlife.

Parque Del Retiro

Parque Del Retiro



Look closely there are wild kitties.

I mean is this not gorgeous?

Parque Del Retiro

I was exhausted and there was no way we could make it through this giant park on foot. We rented lime scooters. Why does my town not have these? They are amazing  and it was like $30 for like 3 hours. Not horrible.


This is me being happy before Ryan dropped his scooter on my foot. I could no longer wear boots for the next two day due to swelling. It was hilarious. I was not mad. I did pick on him though.

We stumbled across a rose garden. It was amazing.








Happy.


There is a man in there. I found it creepy. Ryan liked it.

A cheap and strange snack.

Parque Del Retiro

Parque Del Retiro

Parque Del Retiro

The glass castle in the Parque Del Retiro.

Black swans! Fun history fact. Royalty often were the only ones to be allowed to have these animals and they would save them and eat them for special occasions.


We found a little cave tunnel.

Parque Del Retiro


I mean we got hungry on our walk. An empanada snack.

Sangria!


TAPAS!
Peppers and mushrooms.


Wine!

Museum de jamon! (Museum of ham!)

Just a giant plate of meat and cheese.

It did not stand a chance.



Like the best mojito I have ever had... ever.

We got more tapas for free with our drinks. chips!

My love of falafel is never ending.



These days were filled with laughs, shopping, wonderful parks and food. I mean that is what makes a great vacation right. One more post to go we are on the home stretch!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment