Monday, October 22, 2018

Travel Adventures: Spain Days 1&2

A trip I will always remember fondly that is for sure. We went to Spain for our 15 year anniversary and it was magical. I will be splitting this trip into multiple posts because I have so many amazing things to review with you all. I mostly blog for myself so I can come back to my posts in the future as my memory only gets worse the older I get. Since my trip was 9 days in Spain I plan to cover 2 days in each post. Here is day 1&2.

Day 1 travel day 

The best salad like ever in the Chicago airport. I know silly that you would find a yummy salad in an airport. We also got a ton of bread with this meal. "pan" as they call it in Spanish is a theme through this entire trip. 

I have an addiction problem with this popcorn so of course I got some for the plane ride. 

Waiting to board and ready to go!

There was a bus accident on the runway. Highly entertaining.


Day 1 was mostly traveling on the plane. It is a 7 hour difference to Spain. The flight was about 8 hours and we had planned on sleeping but that for sure did not happen. Based off of where our seats were the engines were really loud and the crew was as well. We left the US at like 4pm-ish Thursday and arrived at 8am-ish Friday in Madrid. We had arranged a driver from the hotel to pick us up which was perfect. The hotel was the best and took our bags till we could check in at noon-ish. I am so happy we got to go into the room early because I was beat.

Day 2 (Madrid)

As mentioned above we could not check into our room right away. Being exhausted we roamed the city and had our first Spanish food before sleeping in the hotel for like 6 hours and roaming the city more. Here are the highlights from this day.  The pictures are not in order.
The center of Spain. 

We arrived! In the airport. 

Love the streets here. 

Morning in the Plaza de Sol.

Plaza de Sol.

Plaza de Sol. 

Exhausted but happy. In Plaza de Sol. 

Tapa Tapa breakfast. 

View of the street from Tapa Tapa. 

Yes. I want it all! 

Our first Churros. 

The bear and tree. Center of Madrid in the Plaza de Sol. 

Madrid, Spain. 

Madrid, Spain.

Madrid, Spain. 

Madrid, Spain. 

We ate so much ham (jamon).

Such a beautiful place. Madrid, Spain. 

Madrid, Spain. 

Plaza de Opera.

Plaza de Opera. 

The family bathroom at our hotel (The Francisco Hotel 1). Cute!

All the ham (jamon!) 

The mozarella bar!

Yum!

Fish with heads at the market. 

Yum!

I had to have some fresh cheese. 

Olives and a spritz. 

Handsome husband and a spritz. 

We are tired but excited to finally be here. 

Plaza de Mayor. All roads in the city come here. 

The inside of our hotel. 
We then slept for 6 hours.... Went back out on the town after.

The city was busy at 6pm. They do not eat dinner here till 8-10PM. 

On our balcony. 

Ready to explore some more. 

I loved these puppy chairs outside our room. 

This is a movie theatre. 

Our first and best Sangria of the trip. 

The little flower fruit looked like a tomato but was really sweet. 

There was Wisconsin beer in this cooler. 

The BEST meat and cheese tray. 

My dream Vespa. 

The streets. 

Vino Blanco! (white wine) 

O.M.G. These little taco buns were heaven. 

One of these tasted like chipotle burrito. 

The details were awesome. 

Mango gelato has been my favorite since I was in Italy. Just as good as I remember it. This was  really good!

Ryan's was tasty too!

The cite had a lot of construction. 
Day 1 & 2 were jammed packed. My favorite things were for sure the food (hello Sangria) and the views of every day life here in Madrid. It is always really cool  to see how another cultural lives. Even though our Spanish was horrible not one person skipped a beat and tried their best to help us these two days. It was great. More day recaps to come. Stay tuned.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment