Friday, January 11, 2019

Tilapia with Puttanesca Sauce

Tasty and satisfying this makes the perfect meal when you want to be healthy and full. I get a lot of people constantly asking me for healthy ideas because I try my best to be a healthy eater. I know a lot of people want to make healthier options in the New Year so here is a recipe straight out of a weight watchers recipe book I love dearly. I do not follow the weight watchers program or any diet for that matter but this book has some excellent recipes I thought I would share this one. This sauce could also be served over pasta that is how it is traditionally served we opted for rice and cauliflower rice mixed together last night. I did modify the recipe a bit. I hope you love it!
What you need:
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (diced)
1 (14 ounce can) of diced tomatoes
6-8 Kalamata olives (chopped)
1 tablespoon capers (rinsed)
1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
Pinch of red pepper flakes
4 tilapia fillets *I made 2
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
 
Heating up the onions and peppers.

Cooking down the sauce.

Cooking that fish.

The best book!
 
Start by pre-heating your skillet to low heat ( I actually used my instant pot because I wanted to slow cook the sauce while I was at the gym for an hour). Add oil to the pan to heat and throw in the onion and red peppers. Let this cook for 5 minutes then add the tomatoes, olives, capers and garlic. Season with the red pepper flakes, some salt and pepper. I let this cook for an hour on low in the instant pot on the slow cooker setting. You could cook on the stove top like this as well. Ryan then made rice following the directions and cauliflower rice that was frozen. Heated a little butter in a pan and seasoned the fillets. Cook them on each side about 3-4 minutes on medium heat until cooked through. Layer your rice, then fish then the sauce on top. I forgot to sprinkle the parsley on until I was almost done eating. 
 
When you finally remember to add the fresh herbs on your last bite!

mmm nom nom nom.
 
 
This was really tasty and will make it again!
Until next time~
XoXo Emily  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment