Monday, April 15, 2019

Enchiladas

This was perfection. I have a couple recipes that I have worked on and had numerous fails and this was one of them. The last time I made this it was a hot mess. I finally got it down and used part of my husband's mom's recipe to make it happen. It's funny because her recipes are sometimes vague and not specific on cook times but I made the best of it and I will share the recipe with you now. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did this made a lot of leftovers!













What you need~
1 cup of cooked great northern white beans (I made mine in the instant pot)
1 pound of ground pork sausage (hot) cooked
Taco seasoning to taste
1 large white onion shredded
1 can of artichoke hearts shredded
1 tablespoon roasted garlic (diced)
2 cups of Colby jack cheese shredded
2 cans of green chilis (about a cup)
2 (14 ounce) cans of red enchilada sauce
10 flour tortillas *large size
parsley

Start by prepping and cooking all filling items. I pressure cooked my beans then sautéed the pork, onion, artichoke hearts and garlic together in the Instant pot while seasoning as I went. I added the chili's to the mix and set aside. I heated my oven to 350 degrees and prepped my 9x13 and 9x9 pan with a little enchilada sauce in the bottom. I put the tortillas in the oven for like 2 minutes to warm them before I started to build the enchiladas. Place 1 warmed tortilla in one of your prepared pans and fill it. I put about a 1/4 cup of the filling with a sprinkling of cheese in each one then rolled them in the enchilada sauce with the open side of the tortilla facing down. I did this till I fit 6 in the 9x13 pan and 4 in the 9x9 pan. Bake them in the oven like this for 15-ish minutes. Watch them till they crisp up then remove. Top the center of the enchiladas with more sauce and more cheese. Put back in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with some parsley and serve hot.

It was so tasty and I am happy to say they turned out so good. Do not miss the crisp up step before adding more sauce it makes the difference. I love that my mother in law used artichokes at first I thought it sounded nasty but it added a little texture and sweetness to an otherwise spicy dish. This is low on the heat scale though. Kids could totally eat this.


YUM!

Until next time~
XOXO Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment