Thursday, April 4, 2019

Instant Pot: Baby Back Ribs





Finally juicy and fall of the bone ribs at home! I have done some trial and error with these and finally got them just right. I researched all over the internet and was constantly annoyed and mislead on how long to cook ribs in the instant pot. This recipe works for baby back ribs specifically so be careful to not buy the wrong cut (IE spare ribs).  I am not going to include my homemade rub or BBQ recipe because you can really use any name brand or make your own easily. I hope they are as big of a hit as they were at my house last night.







What you need~
1 rack of ribs
1.5 cups of dry rub
1 cup of water
.5 cup apple cider vinegar
1.5 cups BBQ sauce

















Start by removing the under skin on the back of the ribs. How I do this is I take a small knife and work the edge end of the ribs to grab the clear skin. It will stick and you really need to pull but make sure to get this off so your ribs fall off the bone well when done. Once you do this pat the meat dry with a paper towel and then apply all the rub to all sides. Cut the rack of ribs into three matching size chunks. Pour the water and vinegar into the bottom of the instant pot. Make sure the metal rack is in the bottom of the pot for the meat to sit on. Place the meat in the instant pot in a teepee shape. Close and seal the pot. Set the pressure cooker for 45 minutes. While that is cooking prep your grill or oven to finish these. I have tried them under the broiler and on the grill. I prefer the grill on medium setting. Once the meat is done quick release and move the ribs from the instant pot straight to the grill. Sear on each side to get a little crust for about 5 minutes on each side. Then start applying your BBQ. I put BBQ on both sides at least 2 times. I like my ribs sticky. Each side gets about 2-3 minutes before flipping. Remove from grill and enjoy.




I loved these and now that I have it down the way I like I cannot wait to make these again!


I hope you enjoy.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment