Thursday, April 14, 2016

Meatloaf


If I had to pick one meal to select as my last meal on earth it would be meatloaf. I know I am a healthy eater now but there is something special about meatloaf. To make this a manageable option for my healthy lifestyle I sometimes make this with ground turkey. This time we wanted to get as close to my mom's as possible. Shout out to Lisa my mom who makes the BOMB meatloaf! 

I have also found a fun trick to limit my portion sizes as well as reduce the cook time by more than half. The trick you must be wondering about at this point. Make the meatloaf in a muffin tin!

Now the fun part about this recipe is that it is based off of my mom's as stated above and honestly she has shown me like 1,000 times how to make it and it is never as good as hers. You ever meet someone and ask for a recipe and they literally have no idea how much of anything they put in? That is this recipe. These amounts listed below are not exact amounts as I eye-ball this recipe like my mom does.

What you need~
1/1.5/2 pounds of meat
(depending on how many people you are feeding. I did 1 pound of ground beef)
1 cup crackers
(I had oyster so I used those and you could also use saltines) 
1 egg
Worcester sauce
1/2 cup onion
1 tablespoon of garlic or 2 cloves
Nature's seasoning or Mrs.dash


Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Crush up your crackers and add your seasoning to a big bowl.
Cut up your onion and add it to the bowl with your egg, garlic and meat.











This is when you add some Worcester sauce. This is like the most underrated sauce out there I swear. I use it in a ton of recipes because it adds really good umami to a dish. When you use turkey meat it is especially helpful to add a great deep flavor to the meat. I like to add about 1-2 tablespoons.











Now you need to get your hands dirty. Mix everything together in that giant bowl until it is all evenly mixed.







Grease your muffin tin. 
Now add the meat mixture to the muffin tin and put in the oven for at least 30-35 minutes. If you want to use a loaf pan like my mom does go ahead it will take more time though. She usually makes a 2 pound loaf that takes 1-1/2 hours to cook.





Getting all crispy and tasty.



They really turn out to be crisp on the outside and are great topped with a little bit of ketchup. I served these with mashed potatoes. I have seem some people put the mashed potatoes on top of the meat like a little cupcake. That is cute but I do not like the idea of ketchup touching my potatoes.

I hope you try one of my favorite recipes ever sometime soon!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily









No comments:

Post a Comment