Thursday, April 21, 2016

Mexican Oven Bake

Today you get 2 recipes for the price of 1. BOGO deal!
 I am not always the most creative cook I often follow recipes more than anything else or at least parts of recipes. As most people I try to really push myself out of my comfort zone. This is completely made up on the fly on Tuesday before Zumba. I prepped the meal so Ryan could throw it in the oven and we could eat right when I got home late. It was so easy to prep and it was tasty so I will be making it in the future.

What you will need~
 (For chicken)                                                         (For cauliflower)
2 chicken breast                                                      1 head of cauliflower
1 can of black beans                                               3 tablespoons of green hot sauce
1/4 cup of corn salsa                                              Nature's seasoning
~ 1 tablespoon of green onion
~ 1 tablespoon of Cilantro
1 slice of cheddar cheese sliced up
Cajun seasoning

 Cut up your cauliflower and coat with the hot sauce and Nature's Seasoning.
 Fully coated put in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15-20 minutes. 
When they come out they are slightly spicy and oohhh so good. 


 Season your chicken breast with the cajun seasoning and put in a shallow baking dish.

 Time to add some corn and chili salsa. You can add whatever brand of salsa you wish.


Add the black beans ontop of the chicken which should have the corn salsa on it already. Top the mixture with the green onions, cilantro and finally the cheese. Put into the oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes.

 It looked and smelled so amazing when Ryan pulled it out of the oven. I could not wait to eat it. With the cauliflower it was a hardy and healthy meal. 

Just looking at this picture makes me want to go and make it again.


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment