Monday, March 6, 2017

Green Curry


I know I say yum a lot on this blog about my food but this is legit a big YUM! Full of healthy veggies and deep in flavor it packs a punch. Indian food is complex. They have a large variety of different type's of curry depending the region you are in. I make very American curry. What I mean by that is I do not make my own pastes for my curries. I buy red or green paste and I build off of that for my curries. Green is by far my favorite at least lately. Most of the time you get the red curry which is more mild in flavor. The green requires more fresh produce to make and has more items in it. They are both really awesome. If you have a local Woodmen's the paste can be found in the ethnic isle.



What you need~
Green curry paste (2 tablespoons)
2 cans of coconut milk
1 sweet potato                        
1 cup of sweet peppers (chopped)
1 sweet onion (chopped)
1 tablespoon garlic
Chicken stock (as needed)
1/2 cup of green onions
2-2.5 cups of diced chicken
1 cup cilantro
1 cup of basil
1 cans of chickpeas
Olive oil
Curry powder


Start by heating your oil in a pan and adding the paste. Let this toast up until you start to really smell the curry. When that happens add your onion and garlic to sweat down a bit. Then you want to add the sweet potato, peppers, chicken and chickpeas. Cook for about 2 more minutes before adding the coconut milk and chicken stock to thin the curry as needed. This needs to cook down for at least 30 minutes. Season as needed with the curry powder. Don't go heavy handed as the paste already has some kick. Right before serving add your cilantro, basil and green onions. I topped mine with some roasted chickpeas I made and served it with cilantro/lime rice. Ryan said this was a tad too spicy till he mixed in the rice. The lime really cut through the heat nicely.





 
 
I will make this again. Hopefully soon as it has been a while. I hope you get creative and try it yourself.
 
Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment