Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Baked Oatmeal


A perfect quick breakfast item. These little beauties can be frozen and microwaved for later eating as well. I would recommend that even if you do not freeze them you microwave them for about 20 seconds to warm them as they taste awesome that way. Packed full of cinnamon and apple they are perfect for these chilly and snowy days we are having.

What you need~
2 cups old fashion oats
1/3 packed brown sugar
1.5 teaspoons of baking soda
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 egg white
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup apple sauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup chopped apples (peeled)




Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. I used my stand mixer bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together egg white, egg, applesauce, milk and vanilla. Mix in the dry items with the wet in the mixer or by hand. Fold in the apples. Spoon the mixture into muffin cups that you lightly coated with oil. Bake for about 20-22 minutes.














I eat mine with a yogurt for breakfast. They come in around 100 calories which is a great way to eat a healthy breakfast.

BONUS: I finally got my dream lamp. I always wanted a tiffany style lamp and now I have it. I am in love.


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment