Monday, July 2, 2018

Apple Bread Pudding



This is a great way to use up all that leftover bread you have after the holiday this week. We had a ton of burger and hot dog buns left after a  bachelor party Ryan went to. I made a double batch of this but I will just give you the single batch measurements. This is a feel good recipe. It is not healthy at all but a treat you can make the ones you love. Ryan is a huge fan of bread pudding and this is a great way to kick off his birthday week. He is not one to celebrate so these little things will make him feel special. I also feel like I needed to celebrate purging my facebook list and unfollowing negative people. I decided recently that even if you are family if your posts are mostly stressing me out with any sort of negativity all the time you gotta go. I don't hide from the world I educate myself on the news etc but I really want to see some positive things instead of negative. Enjoy this bread pudding and think some really positive thoughts.

What you need~
Preparing.
24 hot dog buns or 15 hamburger buns (cut up into cubes)
2.5 cups of milk
1 1/4 sticks of melted butter
2 tsp of vanilla
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 cups of brown sugar
4 eggs
2 cups of apple pie filling (I used my mom's homemade)

MMMMM
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan. Place your bread in the pan and pour the melted butter over it. Then mix all the other items together whisking until combined. Pour this mix over the bread. Top with your apple pie mix and  bake for 35-45 minutes. It is done when the custard mixture has set. You can make a sauce for this but I put hershey's caramel over the top to serve. This is even better warmed up the next day!



All ready to eat.
Ready to go! 



Until next time~
XoXo Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment