Monday, December 3, 2018

Instant Pot: Spaghetti Squash

OMG. I did it everyone and no one died! Ryan found me a killer deal on an instant pot for Christmas and I finally was brave enough to read the instructions and use it today. I have a rather large fear of pressure cookers. I watch a lot of cooking TV and the idea of the steam burning me or the top flying off are at the top of my fear list. Recently within the last year I see all these people with these Instant Pots and I thought if these non-foodies can use one I can do it. I find myself to be a kitchen gadget queen so I gave in and took the plunge. After reading instructions, prepping the machine and running a water test I did this basic recipe of spaghetti squash to serve with my goulash I made separately. I am sure you are like who the hell cares I can bake the squash just as easy... Well sure you can and it takes an 1 hour to 1.5 hours. This took 5 minutes to come to pressure and another 9 to cook. That is 14 minutes people. I would recommend a smaller squash as I had to cook mine in two batches so like 28 minutes total for two pressure cycles.

What you need~
1 large spaghetti squash
2 cups water

Hello little guy!

Yum!


Place the metal basket in the bottom of the instant pot. Pour in your water. Place the squash that you have cut in half and removed seeds from in the pot. It does not matter how you stick it in the pot. Make sure to shut the pressure valve to seal. Set the cooker to pressure cook and the timer to 9 minutes. When it is done quick release the pressure and remove lid right away facing away from you. Take the squash out with a tongs and then shred like normal with a fork. Be careful it will be piping hot.

I love this appliance so far with the one use and I will have plenty of handy recipes for those that have one of these or may get one for the holiday.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment