Thursday, January 16, 2020

Painting: First Paint By Numbers (Sunflowers)

Love it. I just started my second paint by numbers painting and I realized I never posted after completing my first ever painting. I have always loved painting it is a great relaxing activity for me and a great outlet for my creativity. Sometimes though I want just a mind numbing project which paint by numbers allows me to do and at the same time I get some cool art out of it in the end. These paintings are not you kids paint by numbers these are for adults on actual canvas. I like that all the paints come numbered and you get three brushes with each kit. All you need to supply is some water in a cup and maybe some paper towel to clean your brushes off. The first kit was not on a canvas frame which was fine Ryan (my husband) found a piece of wood for me to put my canvas on. This second painting I started is actually already on a frame. I paid more for that but I think it will be worth it. The first painting took me a little over a month to create and I love how it turned out. Cannot wait to frame it. These can be found on Amazon for cheap. The first one not framed was $12 the second was on a frame so about $20 and it is still reasonable!

Here is the progression of the painting and the finished project.

 Here we go. See the canvas has been stapled to some wood by my husband for an easy easel. I have a professional easel made for my desk that is holding it up at this angel.
 This was after I did a couple steps. Notice the gray and yellow added.
 Added some depth with brown here. At this point I could actually start to see the outline of what I was painting. They also give you a small picture of what it should look like after so that was helpful.
 Notice the small comparison picture bottom left. About half way done here.
Really getting some depth with the darker colors and greens.

Almost done and I love it!

Here it is completed. It took a while but I really love how it turned out.

Another picture at another angel. If you are looking for a relaxing hobby I highly recommend you give this a try. They supply everything you need. Here is a peek at the new harder painting I just started last night. It is a winter scene.

Step 1 was black!

This is what it should look like in the end.
I hope you find a hobby you really love that brings you joy.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment