Thursday, January 30, 2020

Resolutions VS Intentions

Let's talk intentions!

I tweaked my back this morning and I have a migraine. It's the reality I live in. It's also the reality of living with all the health issues I have. I did not even tweak my back doing something cool like downhill skiing or running. I was like walking around my house and it all of a sudden hurt that's how lame my body is at times. (Having a swollen disc sucks!) Why do I even go into my boring ailments there has to be a point other than me complaining right? Stay with me there is a point!

I went to a culture meeting at my company this week and the speaker talked about how resolutions are a term has a negative meeting now-a-days and I agree! She talked a length about how we should instead set intentions and create an image around it. What does that intention look like. For example for years my goal "resolution" is to be a certain weight and I need to be that weight. But why? Why do I need to be that weight what is the real image or intention behind that and what is the intent to get there?

The intent:
I want to be healthy and be good to my body so that I do not have future injuries the older I get. I want to really LISTEN to my body.

What does that look like?
I currently have back pain. To listen to my body and be healthy maybe that means doing restorative yoga tonight and taking it easy instead of pushing my body through an intense Zumba class.  Putting the image of a yoga mat and resting in my brain helps.

Having intent is easier than a resolution because their is no wagon to fall off of and it is more achievable. I want to be a good weight sure but that is not what it is about. It is about being healthier in my eating and lifestyle overall so in the future I can still be active. Each day I can choice to make better choices and if by chance I have a bad day and eat a donut who cares. This is my life not a list or a scale that defines me.

Here are some images that have kept me centered on my intention this week:


I keep this image of this sweetie in my head. I think we may go for an old lady walk together tonight. I am keeping that image of us walking together today with me.















Also keeping the image of my yoga mat in my mind today as an intention to stretch really good tonight. This helps me stay focused on my true goal of health.












Remember you need to invest in yourself if you are going to be able to move forward with your goals.



Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment