Wednesday, January 8, 2020

US Senate Bean Soup

Love it. This was super different than anything I have made before. A little back story here. I asked for cook books this year for Christmas and I now know my husband REALLY does listen to me. Like deeply when I am rambling about this. he got me this cook book after all the rambling. This cook book was on CBS Sunday Morning recently (Joy of Cooking) the grandson of the original writer reworked some recipes and updated a bunch of them. This is like the bible of cooking and I am learning so much from it. This soup was so cool it originates from 1901 and continues to be served in the Senate Restaurant to this day. We really loved it I would opt out of some of the salt in the future though.

 
 To save myself some time I did pressure cook the first part for 30 minutes instead of shimmering for 1 hour or so. It saved some time and pushed a ton of flavor into the soup. Great way to use a ham bone!

Gosh this was a delight after skiing 10 miles earlier in the day. Warm. Rich but not too thick and healthy. Just enough leftovers for some lunches this week. Just right!

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment