Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Strawberry Mint Sauce


I had a craving for angel food cake and I found a good quality one in the bakery at the store. I needed to top it with something good. I picked up some mint from the farmers market and I knew that with strawberries would make an excellent sauce. That with some coolwhip topping was divine. I will be making this again with my frozen mint that I just got all sorted out in the freezer.

What you will need~
1 cup of strawberries
1/4 cup of mint
1 can of strawberry pie filling (small can)

My mint was starting to look like I needed to do something with it so I chopped some up for this recipe. Put a small pot on the stove and add the pie filling till it is slightly warm and starting to loosen up a bit.



Here is my chopped up strawberries and mint waiting to be added to the pot. Once your pie filling is warmed up a bit add the mint and strawberries.










At this point let the mix cook down for at least 30 minutes to 45 minutes. The strawberries will start to give off water and make the sauce less thick.
















Here is the finished product all warm and tasty. It was a big hit on the cake with coolwhip on top. I will for sure make another batch soon since it is strawberry season. It should last about a week covered in the fridge and you can always warm it up before you eat it.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily










No comments:

Post a Comment