Thursday, June 2, 2016

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie

I actually had someone ask me if I was putting this recipe on the blog because they loved this pie so much. So here it is!
I made this last week because my rhubarb plant is growing out of control in my backyard and I needed to use some of it up. Honestly, my plant is like "little shop of horrors" big right now.
I had some friends over for a game night and served with ice cream, this pie did not have a chance gone within hours. Plus, I have made this recipe before but the tweaks I did to it this time made it the best pie yet.

What you will need~
2 pie crusts
2.5 cups of strawberries
2.5 cups of rhubarb
1 cup of  white sugar
1/3 cup of flour
Cinnamon sugar

Cut up your fruit and put in a bowl. Add the flour and white sugar. Let this sit for 15 minutes. This is the most important step I added because it allows the fruit to sweat out some of its liquid before getting put in the pie shell.

Pre-heat your oven to 425F. Line a 9 inch pie pan with one of the crusts.

Add the fruit to your pie pan and top with other crust. Cut holes in the crust to let the pie breath a bit. Make sure you seal and flute your edges of your crust as well. Lightly dust with cinnamon sugar.

Bake at 425F for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350F and bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Cool and eat!


Pair it warm with some ice cream and you will have a huge hit. We had 1 small piece left the next day after our game night. Ryan ate it that day.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment