Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Bulk Meals

Ryan and I do not need to eat a entire 4 person recipe so often we have a ton of leftovers. Over the years I have actually starting going out of my way to make more bulk type meals so we can have easy ready made lunches all week. Here are some of my favorite things with links to recipes that you can make in bulk and have yummy meals all week.

1. Soups. There is no secret I love making soup it is easy to throw together and you can easily make a ton for cheap. Some of my favorites that I have made are lasagna soup, turkey noodle soup and split pea soup .



















2. Meat. That is right I like to make bulk meat every couple weeks because then I can throw it in soups, salads and sandwiches. I will often make a 8 pound ham and we can eat off of it for the whole week or make soup with it. I like to make crock pot turkey , crock pot ham or buy a rotisserie chicken at Sam's for $4.99.



3. Salads. You can make all kinds of amazing salads that are cheap and make excellent lunches throughout the week or even quick leftover dinners. Eat them as a main entree or eat a small amount with a sandwich. I like to make zesty italian pasta, chicken salad, black bean corn salad.

4. Pasta. I will often make an entire box of pasta for the two of us and we can eat on it for days. It is great because pasta reheats well and rather quickly for quick lunches. Sometimes you want a warm meal too. My favorites are pesto pasta, delicious spaghetti , cheeseburger casserole.



 5. Curry. Curry is my favorite. It is easy to throw together and it can be made fresh or in the crockpot. I love to make a ton of it because the leftovers are always better eating it the next day.
Some great options are skillet curry  and crockpot curry veggies . Beware your co-workers will hate you for the delicious smells coming from your desk.

There are so many options out there and most of mine are reasonable on your pocket book too. Make some large bulk meals soon and you will be eating good all week long.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment