Monday, September 26, 2016

Chicken & Rice Soup

I went to a restaurant an couple weeks ago that had this soup as the soup of the day. At the time I was not craving it but some days later I knew I had to make it. This is another simple recipe that I really enjoyed making and the leftovers were fantastic. With the cooler weather soups are a go to in our home.

What you need~
2 pounds of chicken thighs
2 bay leaves
2 cups carrot
2 cups celery
1 onion
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parley
1/2 tsp thyme
4 cups chicken stock
4 cups water
1 1/2 cups wild rice
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste

You want to start by prepping all the vegetables. Cut up your
carrots, celery and onion into bite size pieces. I used the food processor for the carrots and onions.

Once this is done you really just need to add all of the above things except the heavy cream to the crockpot. You then let it cook down for about 8 hours on low.

Right before serving add the heavy cream and additional water as needed to thin out the soup. Make sure to remove the bayleaves before eating.

This made enough for dinner and 4 lunches for us last week.


Until next time~
XoXo Emily





No comments:

Post a Comment