Friday, September 9, 2016

Pear/Apple Crisp

The season is slowly starting to change. My brother and his fiance bought a house this year that just so happens they have pear and apple trees. My mom went and collected a ton of fruit and I knew I needed to use it up. This crisp was the perfect way to do that for the slightly cooler weather that is starting to creep in around here.

What you need~

Filing
6 pears peeled and diced
2 apples peeled and diced
2/3 cup sugar
Salt 1/4 tsp

Topping 
Flour 1 1/2 cups 
1/3 cup sugar 
1/3 cup brown packed sugar
Cinamon 1/2 tsp (heaping)
Butter 1/2 cup (melted)
Pecans 1/2 cup chopped 



Add the sugar and salt!
Really watery after sitting. Drain.
Topping mix.

 Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine pears, apples sugar and salt. Let sit. In a larger mixing bowl combine flour, sugars, cinnamon and pecans. Slowly add the melted butter till all the huge clumps are gone. At this point I drained my pear/apple mixture as it was watery. After doing that I placed it in a greased 8x8 baking dish. Top with your crumble mixture and place in the oven for 30 minutes. After that I put it on the top rack for an additional 15 minutes to brown.



 The smell in the house was unbearable. I wanted to dive in with a spoon and eat it all. I made this for my team at work and they all loved it. I was slightly excited we had some leftover so I could eat it with ice cream later.

I cannot wait to come out with and share more fall recipes for you all.
Until next time~
XoXo Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment