Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My 30th Birthday

It was epic and it was special. In large thanks to my amazing husband. Ryan went out of his way to make sure that this was a special weekend for me. The fun started on Friday and did not end until last night when I actually turned 30. It is funny because people whisper about turning 30 like it is some horrible thing. I find it almost magical that I made it 30 years on this earth. Therefore, with that mindset we celebrated big. Here are some highlights from the fun weekend!

Friday-
Session two with Greg to continue work on my tattoo. I took the day off and sat for 6.5 hours for this long session. Your body does strange things after many hours. At some points I got strange pains in my right arm and my legs were way shaky by the end. It of course was worth every moment because my tattoo looks amazing. One more small sitting to finish up the fine details and we should be finished.






Saturday-
Badgers game was in town so after some yummy fruit salad and cinnamon rolls we went to Badger State Brewery for some beer. My wonderful friends Maggie and Marshal came into town to help celebrate with me. We had a blast bumming around town eating tacos, watching monkey movies/napping and having a fire at night.





Sunday-
 Just when you think things cannot get anymore exciting I went and watched my lovely husband and my sister from another mister jump out of a perfectly good plane. Just to be clear they had the best time EVER. I think they would both do it again in a heartbeat. I of course would not be into that as I am scared of heights. I did not mind watching. I got Culver's out of it and a fun trip to the public market in Milwaukee. It was a gorgeous day so we even got some walking in. I may have ate more tacos for dinner (shout out Vintage Cantina) and watched a movie.
Monday-
Perfect weather for a drive in the BMW. Ryan and I took a drive up to Lakewood where I spend a lot of my childhood. We stopped and got awesome twist cones in Suring and had a picnic lunch I packed at a little park.


Morning gifts!
Tuesday-
My actual 30th birthday.
The outpouring of love and support is always so overwhelming on your actual birthday. I was forced to work not only a full day but 10 hours. I woke up a little bummed but then my amazing husband presented me with a muffin with a candle in it first thing in the morning. Not only that but he bought me chips that I love and he hates (salt & vinegar). I then went into work and the day was going well until lunch. I forgot my wallet! All looked dire until Ryan delivered me not only Jimmy Johns but flowers. I have never got flowers at work it was so sweet of him. After my long day we got some Chinese and settled in to watch The Jungle Book.







Once again thank you to all my friends and family that made this entire weekend so special. I am so blessed!


Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment