Monday, August 7, 2017

Breakfast Burritos


Who does not love a nice warm burrito? Ryan has always loved breakfast burritos and I thought I would prep some for him to have all this week. These freeze well if you make too big of a batch. He tried one this morning and told me he really liked them. Although he wants more eggs for the next batch. If you prep everything you can really make a big batch. This time I made about 9 burritos. We froze 4 of them for next week.

What you need~
7 eggs (we are doing more next time)
2 large chorizo sausage
1 Onion
2 Potatoes
1.4 cup Pesto (any sauce you wish salsa works well)
1 cup of cheese
9 Burrito wrappers


Cook all of the above ingredients. I chopped the potatoes and then boiled them till done. Browned the onion, sausage and added the cooked potato. Remove this and let it cool in a bowl. Cook your scrambled eggs. My eggs are always seasoned and then we add a little milk to make them creamy while cooking. Remove from heat and mix with the bowl. Time to make the burritos!












Start by warming the burrito wrapper so it is easier to fold. Put about 1 teaspoon of your sauce on the burrito wrapper. You want to put your filling closer to the edge of one of the sides. Once you do this top with your filling mixture than a small amount of cheese. Roll the burrito as indicated in the images below. Those are not my hands. Ha. Ha. You can freeze or eat each day. I like to wrap mine in foil.












I literally memorized these steps and they worked great.



YUM!

These save you a ton of money if you make them yourself. I would estimate I spent $10 and at the store these cost at least $3 a piece. Try making them sometime.
 
Until next time~
XoXo Emily 


No comments:

Post a Comment