Thursday, August 24, 2017

Travel Adventures:Bairds Creek, Anapehee Brewery, Ignight Market


Wanderlust. Ryan and I constantly have it. We are wandering here and there and almost always on the go. This past weekend was no different. Waking up we thought we wanted to go hiking and the adventure ensued after that. I like not planning out my days if I can manage it. I used to be a huge planner planning out my entire weekend weeks in advance. Ryan has been a really positive influence in this regard and he has really shown me the joy of being a wanderer. Here are some pictures of our fun Saturday adventure.

Baird's Creek

 
 

 What is wrong with me I have never been here. It is like a little slice of heaven nestled on the east side of Green Bay. The start of the hike sort of sucked due to bugs but after about 15 minutes or so in they dissipated a bit. This park is really beautiful we hiked around for about two hours.






















Things I love about this park:
The old growth trees are amazing.
The creek is winding and gets fat and muddy at points or clear and thin at some places.
The butterflies.
The different elevations to climb on.











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annapehee Brewery

Another place I should have been to earlier in life. Getting here is a bit of a drive but it was beautiful day for that. Making it into town we stumbled in a kite festival and roamed that for a bit before moving onto the brewery. They were supposed to have a yummy skaliwags food truck but we made due when they did not show up by eating a flatbread pizza from the brewery. This place is tiny FYI so plan on sitting outside. They have a nice patio and had music to listen to. The actual beer mosaic red paired well with the BBQ chicken pizza.

Chilling on the patio.

Mosaic red-- hints of pineapple.


Listen to the music, soaking up some sun and beer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Von Stiehl Winery
I did not include this in the title but this place was right next to the brewery how do we not stop in!? Well we did and it was fantastic. Free tasting and we bought two bottles the dry red and the pinot noir. THAT is right I bought red wine and I loved it.
 

Tasting list they have a lot of options.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Ignight Market
I mean besides the delicious tacos this place had other great vendors. HELLO cheese curds and local beers. I simply loved the hot air balloons. I stared at them for hours even getting a tad to close at one point.


 



This was a fun wander and I hope to do it again real soon.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment