Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Eggplant Parmesan


Yummy! Nothing like some good old comfort food. This is a healthier version that I made with the Thai eggplant I picked up at the farmer's market. Easy to make it turned out really good and took like maybe 15 minutes to throw together. Who does not love healthy, easy and tasty?

What you need~
Eggplant (I used about about a cup and a half sliced)
Panko bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
2 cups of spaghetti sauce
Olive oil
Dried basil
Dried oregano
Mrs. Dash

Start by cleaning and then slicing your eggplant thin. I used my mandolin to do this. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil. Place the slices on the pan making sure to space them evenly. Spray them with more olive oil. Top with parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and seasonings. Broil on high for five minutes.



I used left over pasta sauce I had in the fridge to layer into the dish. You will need about 2 cups of sauce for this recipe. Layer some of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Layer some of your eggplant pieces into an even layer. Sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat steps until all sauce and eggplant is used. Top with more mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Broil for another 5 minutes and serve.




I left out measurements for some items because  you need to add them to your taste. This was good I will make it again. Must better for you than the deep fried version.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment