Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad


Lemon is so refreshing. I love this salad and I really should make it more than I do. This is the perfect salad to use up your fresh summer produce such as tomatoes or cucumbers. I did not add tomatoes in this but you totally could. It is relatively easy to make and this made an entire giant container for lunches all week. I love all the fresh herbs.

In case you are wondering per Wiki:
Orzo (Italian pronunciation: [ˈɔrdzo], Italian for "barley", from Latin hordeum[1]), also risoni ([riˈzoːni], "big rice"), is a form of short-cut pasta, shaped like a large grain of rice.

What you need~
Fresh Herbs.
1 package of orzo pasta (I used whole grain)
1 large bunch of basil (diced)
1 cup of parsley (diced)
1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
1/2 cup artichoke hearts (diced)
1/4 cup mozzarella (I diced up some mozzarella balls I had)
3 stalks of green onion (diced)
1 kohlrabi (diced)
2 lemons
1 cup of olive oil
Nature's seasoning (to taste)











Start by boiling water and cooking the orzo pasta to directions on package. Let rest or pour cold water over pasta to cool. While this is boiling prepare all the veggies and place in a large bowl. Time to make the dressing before tossing it all together. Zest your lemons into a bowl and juice them. Slowly add the olive oil to this mix as well as the Nature Seasoning to taste. If you feel like it is too thick add some water to it. Place pasta in the bowl with the veggies and herbs. Toss lightly. Then slowly mix in the dressing. I would recommend chilling before serving. It is light and refreshing.











I really love all the fresh produce this time of the seasoning. Use it up in creative ways you never know what delicious things you can make.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment