Monday, August 14, 2017

Travel Adventures: High Cliff State Park- Camping

What an awesome weekend friends. My heart was happy and so was my belly!

One of my besties (Katelyn shout out) turns 30 this week and to celebrate we got 3 camping sites at High Cliff State Park to celebrate. This place was really easy to check into and they let you check in and stay till 3PM each day. This was really awesome as we did not feel rushed checking out on Sunday. Some of the fun high lights of our weekend are detailed below.

Breakfast sandwich
Food:
We have a problem and always pack way too much food. I love hot dogs over the fire and totally did that both Friday and Saturday night for dinner. I love Maplewood Meats classic hot dogs with the bacon/onion ketchup I bought. Simple but ohhh so tasty. We also had ranch pretzels with beer dip, fruit, puppy chow for tasty snacks. Saturday included a delicious breakfast of bacon and eggs. Lunch was a spread of awesome sandwiches, veggies and fruit. By the time dinner rolled around and we then ate cake I was stuffed. As Katelyn said we can only drink to fill in the spaces around the food. Sunday was the best breakfast sandwiches over the fire. Yum!



The Trash Panda Todd:
Todd became one with our site early on Friday night. The first person to spot him was my friend Liz. She stated: "Oh the marshmallows fell off the table." Then a couple seconds later they disappeared under the trailer and we saw a giant furry raccoon butt running away. Another friend Brandon was heartbroken that he lost his marshmallows although later he came across Todd eating them on a path. No worries no one let him (Brandon) eat the raccoon marshmallows.  Todd tried to come back later that night but we ran him off. Saturday he got in the garbage. WHOOPS.

Katelyn and her awesome cup!
Picture Courtesy of Maggie Andersen.
The Best BIRTHDAY gift ever (Dave Grohl cup):
Anyone that knows me knows I have an addiction to the Foo Fighters and specifically Dave the lead singer. I am not the only one and when Maggie/Marshal got Katelyn a wine glass with Dave on the front it was perfection. Now we all need this cup ASAP because it is the best thing ever.













I started this fire all by myself.


Fire:
I often forget how much I enjoy sitting by the fire. We went through a lot of wood and ended up cooking all our food over the fire. I loved every minute of it though. Nothing like relaxing by the fire to warm your bones up.












Hiking group.
Picture Courtesy of Maggie Andersen.
 

The wild flowers.
Picture Courtesy of Maggie Andersen.



























Hiking:
High Cliff State Park is known for it's beautiful views and well cleared paths. We went for about an hour and half hike as a huge group. It was fun and everyone got some much needed exercise in between eating a ton of food. One of my favorite parts of the hike is when we walked through a parking lot and turned the corner into a wildflower garden. We saw butterflies and really pretty flowers.







Hanging with my friends:
You know who you all are and I love you all as unique individuals. I think that this weekend would have been a dud if it was not for each and every one of you making me laugh every single moment. Special shout out to Katelyn I hope you had the best birthday celebration!

All the best things. :)



Left shark in his natural state.
Picture Courtesy of Maggie Andersen.

Last comment: Shark head.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment