Monday, September 24, 2018

Chicken Gyros

Yum. Yummy. Yum.

Ryan asked for gyros last week and I will be real buying the "kit" from festival is expensive so I decided to make these myself from scratch. I have made them before but having my food processor made the process a breeze. This was fresh and semi healthy which is always something I need if I have a beer and burger during a Packer game earlier in the day. So here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy it. Trust me I have a little cold I cannot kick and I was able to throw this together.








What you need~
chicken tenderloins
2 cups of greek yogurt (whole fat if you can get it)
2 cucumbers
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 limes (juiced)  or  1 lemon
1 bundle of fresh dill
Onion sliced
Feta cheese
Pitas
Curry seasoning
Salt and Pepper

Start by putting your yogurt in a mixing bowl. In the food processor shred one of the cucumbers after removing the skin off of it. In a large bowl put paper towel and then the cucumber on top of it. Squeeze as much water out of the shredded cucumber as you can. This will help keep your tzatziki sauce thick. Put this cucumber in the bowl with the yogurt. Change your food processor from the shred plate to the chop insert. Add the dill bundle, juice and garlic and turn the processor on. I always want the dill really fine before I add it to the cucumber/yogurt mix in the bowl. Salt and pepper this and mix it well. Set that aside. Cut up your onion and the other cucumber and set that aside.







Cook your chicken I seasoned mine with salt, pepper and curry powder. Set aside. I brushed my pita with a little olive oil and heated them up on the grill.

Time to get those gyros all together. Take your warm pita and top with the chicken ( I would cut it up a bit), onion, cucumber slices, feta cheese and tzatziki sauce.

HINT: You can now buy pita in the grocery store I got mine at Meijer.


These are so tasty and I am happy I have a couple left over. I know it is not the tasty lamb people are used to but that tzatziki sauce needs to be on EVERYTHING.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment