Friday, September 14, 2018

Simple Ponzu Salad

YUM! I may have a slight addiction to ponzu..... Do you know what that is? It is like soy sauce and lime had a baby. I wish I could put it on everything if I could in reality. I have been lately using it in place of dressing. I really love the flavor it gives salads without over powering them. Anyway you can really throw any veggies in this salad I just used fresh veg from my mom's garden this week.

What you need~
Cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1 medium cucumber (diced)
Tofu (diced)
GOOD Parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Salt & pepper to taste
Ponzu

As always I do not give you exact measurements. It is a salad so you can add as much of each item as you see fit. I have included some pictures below that give you ideas and tips on to make the perfect salad!

Finished project.

This works best if you soak the veggie they get slightly soft and pickled a bit.

TIP: Drain your tofu over the sink.

Diced and ready for ponzu!

Fresh from the garden.

Little balls of yum. Make sure to cut them in half so they soak up some of the ponzu.
This was a refreshing salad using up that seasonal produce. I hope you get adventurous and try Ponzu it is soooo good. Find it in the Asian or ethnic food aisle of the store.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment