Monday, February 22, 2016

Baked French Fries



I know people reading this are thinking "Emily there is no such thing as a good baked french fry." That is why they are called FRIED right? Whelp, you  are wrong my funny little friends. It has take some time but I have managed to make crispy yet light and fluffy fries in the oven. Let me tell you all my secrets.

What you need~
4-5 Potatoes (I used yukon gold)           
Olive oil
Mrs. Dash
Sea salt







Pre- heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Cut your potatoes into long fries. I like to use yukon gold potatoes because they have a natural buttery texture to them and they bake really well.


Once the fries are cut place on a baking sheet. Lightly coat in olive oil. Be careful not to over oil as then they will be greasy and not crisp. I would say you need no more than 2 tablespoons of oil. Once you have tossed and coated in the oil season the fries with whatever you like. This time I used Mrs. Dash and sea salt. 


Place in the oven for 20 minutes and then flip the fries. Look at how crispy they get!
Cook them for another 20 minutes and then turn on the broiler on high. This is how they get extra crispy. The time you leave them under the broiler will depend on how crispy you like your fries. This was after about 5 minutes.





Trust me when you have this healthier version of french fries you may never go back to the traditional french fries ever again.

Until next time~
XoXo Emily









No comments:

Post a Comment